Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just finished Purple Arran Shawl  (Read 4231 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Just finished Purple Arran Shawl
« on: November 12, 2009, 12:17:34 pm »
Though i would share with you all i have just finished knitting a shawl in purple arran.
I'll post a picture in a moment when i get my camera on my phone ready.

Linz

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 05:50:07 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
Re: Just finished Purple Arran Shawl
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:34:06 pm »
LOvely - how on earth do you find time to knit with your wee one and all the other stuff you do?
I've been knitting my friend a jacket for her baby for about 3 months now. Well done.
 :o :)
kirsty

r+lchick

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 10:55:13 am »
I envy you your patience.  I only have the patience to knit gloves.  Tried to knit a vest once, lost interest.  I may try and knit a pair of socks.  Congratulations.  I love shawls.  Ros  :cat: :chook:

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 11:38:42 am »
That pattern was very easy just a two row pattern repeat, I choice it because of baby brain i thought i would get .

It basical k1, kfb, knit to middle but 2, kfb, k1, kfb, then k to 2 before the end ,kfb, k1
Next row k all the way

Cast of at desired length
with that you increase so gettting the triangle for a shawl :) must admit it's not my pattern i got it from http://otterwise.blogspot.com/2008/09/shawl-for-faye-free-knitting-pattern.html via Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fayes-cozy-shawl

On knitting with a baby, Tam take him equally during the day (he home at the moment) and I am not going outside to the garden even though am dying to tidy the garden (it's too tireing for me at the moment). I have also discovered that if i wrap Robin up in a blanket he'll lay quietly or even sleep on me while i knit with my feet up as I find it unwinding and i relax, And i can also deal with Robin if he need attention. I also have a mosses basket that i put him in too.

Linz
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:40:34 am by Fluffywelshsheep »

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 06:16:24 pm »
Thats a lovely piece of work Linz - cant wait to be over this exam as I have now got quite a stash
of cotton yarn for knitting over the winter - Tara has no idea what I have for her for Christmas so
it will be a lota clicking of needles for us over the winter months  ;D ;D
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:41:12 pm »
hehe, mum bought some cotton for me when she last came up but do you think i can find it now. I have a facecloth planned but need the yarn frist lol.

I have also started on attempting to make a pattern for a jumpery thing for Robin

Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS