Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wanted -to buy/rescue a friendly donkey or two in Scotland  (Read 3128 times)

fiona m barge

• Joined Nov 2013
wanted -to buy/rescue a friendly donkey or two in Scotland
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:54:57 am »
Hi,
My name is Lucy, i live on the west coast of Scotland and i'm looking to buy or rescue a friendly brown donkey or two if they would be happier with company.
Any helpful advice on where i might find donkeys not too far away would be gratefully recieved,
Thanks

Blossum

• Joined May 2014
Re: wanted -to buy/rescue a friendly donkey or two in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:10:14 am »
Hi Lucy I live in Angus and have five rescued donkeys and yes they do NEED company as they are herd animals.  Contact the donkey society they will put you in touch with the local rep who may know someone with donkeys for sale and they will also keep you right on what they require.

http://donkeybreedsociety.co.uk/home.html

Lots of good info there

There are great to watch and I would recommend them over horses but they are different.

Cheers

Helen

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 11:48:33 am »
they do need company of their own kind really-plus they need protection from the wet. Maybe try the Scottish Borders Donkey Sanctuary

http://www.donkeyheaven.org/

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 10:30:37 pm »
Another place you could try is East Links Family Park at Dunbar, I know of someone who has 2 that came from there.
Anne

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 01:26:56 pm »
I have always loved donkeys -and last year my dream came true when Mattie and Monty came to live with me.  Yes, they do need the company of another donkey. 

edandfred

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kelso Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 06:56:25 pm »

There are a number of Jack donkeys coming up for sale on 31 August , as unfortunately the Jedforest Deer Park (Scottish Borders) is having to close their doors and are selling all their livestock. The list of animals are shown on this link at the bottom of the page , below the listing of Connemara ponies which they are also selling.

http://www.jedforestconnemaras.co.uk/id8.html

You can also email the Deer Park on info@jedforestdeerpark.co.uk

All very sad that the Deer Park is having to close ; not sure why but something to do with the Council and Health and Safety ( no doubt bureaucracy gone mad!) .

Lets hope they find good homes for their animals.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS