Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: TV opportunity  (Read 5307 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
TV opportunity
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:14:31 pm »
FAMILIES WANTED FOR BBC LIVING HISTORY TV SERIES

- Would you step back in time and live as a nineteenth century Snowdonia Hillside Farmer? 

- If you believe you’re up to the challenge we want to hear from you!

Indus Television, the makers of the hugely popular Coal House and Coal House at War is launching a nationwide search for families to take part in the BBC’s latest landmark living history series. 

Snowdonia Farmhouse will transport two modern day families back to the year 1890 to experience the primitive existence of North Wales’ hillside farmers. 

In this once in a lifetime opportunity, two lucky families will leave their 21st century lives behind and face the realities of a previously untold way of life. 

Going back to basics, these families will experience firsthand the challenges faced by this unique community over 100 years ago, from tending the livestock and looking after the Victorian home, to working the land and earning a wage in the local slate quarry. 

If your family is ready for the experience of their lives in one of Wales’ most spectacular landscapes please get in touch.
Download an application form:

www.bbc.co.uk/wales

Telephone: 03703 500 700*

*calls to the 0370 UK-wide rate are charged at no more than 01/02 geographic numbers. Calls may be recorded for training. 0870 calls from a BT line cost up to 6p per minute (some operators and mobiles vary).

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
Re: TV opportunity
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:32:30 pm »
If we turned the power off it would be like that here. Thanks for the thought Rosemary - I think i'll stay put though.
kirsty

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:51:08 pm »
I was just thinking the same myself :D

I think I could probably live in that house in Snowdonia, and would enjoy it ......after all, I am living in extremely primative conditions here.  Only thing we do have is electricity, but will lose that soon, as we will have to gut the place completely and rewire.

People just say yeah, yeah, when I tell them. When they actually see the place, its a different matter and they say they could not live here.

sandy

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 09:42:15 pm »
I think I would enjoy it too, loads of relatives there anyway!!!! stlll got to earn our living here though...

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:54:33 am »
Go for it Sandy - it would be more of a comedy and get more viewers
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-*
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

sandy

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 10:16:37 am »
Do you know, I would love it ??? ??? ??? Steve would be a bit cross with me though ??? ???Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ??? ???We were intervied for Location Location Location but failed as we agree on everything,,,,even though my partner looks a bit like Phil...sadly...I am not like Kirsty...THat programme was the start of us being in Scotland.....LOVE IT!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 11:26:58 am »
Go on, Sandy. Seeing you on it woudl be better (much, much better) than going on t myself!! ;D ;D

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 08:48:10 pm »
Mmm very tempting - will it mean a month of not being allowed to bellow at the boys?!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:16:29 pm »
Mmm very tempting - will it mean a month of not being allowed to bellow at the boys?!

No they'd encourage that - they like a bit of bite in programmes.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:19:32 pm »
No ,they would not want an old crusty like me, they need a tough, rough family or a posh one that is used to home comforts...a bit like they choose people for other swap programmes.....anyway, I would probably injure myself long before the filming ;D ;D

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 09:20:29 pm »
I had a look at the info and it is asking for Welsh families.  Also it dawned on me that I would love to do it, but only if there were no cameras!  I loathe being on camera - did a couple of documentarys in Thailand and was on Pet Rescue a few times and thought the whole experience very unpleasant.   So that's one major spanner in the works for me wanting to sign us up for it!!

sandy

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 10:28:58 pm »
Tell us which pet rescue...we will have a look..my dog Bruce used to love that..always made him cry!!!!

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 08:38:30 pm »
One was catching cats that had been left in a rented house when the owners did a midnight flit.  We had gaunlets on and the cats were literally climbing the curtains and bouncing off the walls in fear.  When we got the cats into their pens at the shelter the film crew kept asking us to poke the cats so they could get more film of them hissing!!! :o :o

The other one was a crow that came to the shelter with a broken wing.  Pet Rescue filmed me taking the crow into the shelter and then to the vets.  Eventually the crow was put to sleep as the wing wasn't healing.  When the programme came on the TV it showed me taking the crow to the vet, explaining the problem.  The next shot was someone else releasing "the crow" into the wild so it could live happily ever after!!! ;D I was gobsmacked! 

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 10:32:02 pm »
lol the magic of tv land. If the tv show is like the 'coal house' it wont be a big brother style but they do film lots.
I wouldn't be able to coup with a newborn in those conditions

Linz

(edit for really bad spelling)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:12:35 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

sandy

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 10:35:19 pm »
All a bit of a con, like everything really!!!!! Reality?  ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS