Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: two wheeled tractor  (Read 3286 times)

tattycat

• Joined Nov 2013
two wheeled tractor
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:23:35 pm »
Anyone use these? Are they any good?
Dun Roaming Smallholding and Open Farm. Ireland on Facebook

Smallholding Weekends  in rural Ireland.
Also some 'Showing Goat's ' weekends.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: two wheeled tractor
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 07:31:56 pm »
We tested several and bought a Goldoni in the end.

However, for the acreage we had and the jobs we were trying to do, in the end we sold it and bought a self-powered mower for the back of the quad bike.

For smaller acreage, and if we'd been trying to grow crops, so the rotivator had been valuable, it would have been great. Mainly though we were trying to mow seaves (rushes) on steep pasture, so the quadbike topper was faster.

It was a good quality machine, and we had the tipping trailer with the seat, so we could ride it too. For a couple of flat acres I think it was just the job.

tattycat

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:10:46 pm »
Thanks Jaykay. Will see if I can find the site. Also prior posts interesting. Do you think it would cut hay nd clean a stable out with different attatchments?

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 09:16:21 pm »
We had a flail mower which was no good for cutting hay, you need a scissor action attachment (like an old Allen scythe) for that, to cut the stalks at the bottom and not mulch then up. Then you've got to gather the hay, stook or make bales.......

I don't know about mucking out stables, I do the byre the old-fashioned back-breaking way, with a gripe (muck fork). What sort of attachment would do that?

Roy633

• Joined Jun 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 01:47:23 am »
Hi, Have a look at the BCS range of kit. (tracmaster co. uk) their 740 will do almost overly thing with the right attachment. I have this model and it is good, I also have their Crusader 620 power scythe which will cut most things up to 1 inch with very little effort.

tattycat

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:32:43 pm »
Jaykay. Was thinking the snow plow attatchment. lol
Thanks Roy633. How's it on the back?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS