Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Race Horse Breeding  (Read 9000 times)

sandy

Re: Race Horse Breeding
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 11:37:06 am »
I used to pass a field that was always flooded and dark with a sad horse that watched me drive by, the farmer where we stayed told me it had been sold and was waighting to be collected and many people had complained about it, I never saw it go while I lived there and wounder where it is now! Horses need lot's of water and attention and I think some irrisponsible owners buy them on a whimm for thier children etc and do  not realise they need more than just be left in a field, the owners get fed up and the poor horse suffers, other animals can get away a bit easier....James, I can see you getting some Ex Race horses!!!!! ;)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 11:41:14 am »
Sandy, the 4 I have are quite enough . The worst thing about the ponies is when they take ill - HUGE vet bills. When Darcy took unwell earlier this year it cost us over £2000, not a penny of it grudged though. I do not understand these people that cannot look after their animals and it turns to neglect.

Chocolatenina

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 10:09:46 am »
I own an exrace horse and although he can be totally barmy.When he sees open grass land mainly.He is also the most loveable affectionate horse ever.I think they really have a hard deal.They do take alot of time and patience and sometimes make yo p your pants.When they gallop of but the rewards are amazing.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS