Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2742 times)

sarah1703

• Joined Oct 2009
Hi everyone
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:02:32 pm »
Hello I have just joined the forum & would like some advice on what veg I can plant now as I have just got a patch of the garden cleared & ready for planting i have planted garlic & onions but dont know what else will grow at this time of year? I am in Bulgaria so the winter is very cold & snowy, thanks Sarah

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:36:48 pm »
Hi and welcome, only thing I can grow all year round is weeds.  Always envious of anyone who has green thumbs though.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:46:24 pm »
Hello I have just joined the forum & would like some advice on what veg I can plant now as I have just got a patch of the garden cleared & ready for planting i have planted garlic & onions but dont know what else will grow at this time of year? I am in Bulgaria so the winter is very cold & snowy, thanks Sarah
Hi Sarah - welcome to the forum.  What season of the year are you in now?  That might help some of our veggie experts give you a list of what you can grow - or try google-ing for a Bulgarian garden website.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sarah1703

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 03:26:46 pm »
we are in Autumn now it could be warm for another month though or could snow anytime, I cant read Bulgarian so its hard to use bulgarian websites ,google translate isnt very good for bulgarian & my internet is very slow so not good for sites with a lot of photos on,

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 04:48:54 pm »
Found this on a website and here's a forum, it might be slow though as there are a few photos on it - http://www.mybulgaria.info/postt23614.html

FRUIT AND VEGETABLE MARKETS IN BULGARIA

2007-02-17

Wherever you go in Bulgaria you will always find somewhere to buy fresh fruit and vegetables. The place to buy them has to be at one of the outdoor markets were you will find every fruit and vegetable imaginable and at the fraction of a price that you would normally pay at a local supermarket. Take your pick - rasberries from Troyan, grapes from Ruse and four hundred and twenty different apple varieties from Kyustendil - the choice is all yours!

Fruit like grapes, apples, pears, raspberries, plums, peaches and apricots and vegetables such as potatoes, cabbages.green peppers, celery, spinach, turnips and mushrooms can be bought in the numerous markets that are scattered all over Bulgaria. At present Bulgaria is going through a period of revival in respect to agricultral production and with govermental aid through becoming a member of the European Union this is set to continue. Already Bulgaria has a good reputation for growing grapes resulting in a healthy production of wine which is exported all over the world. Troyan has a reputation for plums resulting in the export of Brandy and Ruse were white grapes are twice the size of others have captured both the Bulgarian and international white wine markets.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 05:52:14 pm »
Hi and welcome from Derbyshire!

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 06:44:31 pm »
Hi Sarah, so long as the ground temp is not too low you could probably grow spring cabbage now. Start seeds somewhere warm and sunny then transplant seedlings into prepared bed. Good luck.
JD

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 06:59:03 pm »
Hi and welcome! As a summer grower, I have no advice to offer!

sarah1703

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 08:09:45 am »
Thanks for all the welcomes & advice ;D :pig: :cat: :chook: :dog: :horse: :&> :dunce:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS