Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dog walker fence.  (Read 7448 times)

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
Re: Dog walker fence.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 11:09:55 pm »
tbh I have no idea how anyone can find horse crap offensive-its just grass and disappears after the next rain. People used to run out to shovel it up and compost it when I was a kid.
They still do in my neck of the woods! :roflanim:

quote "and used the law against the offenders"

didn't know there was a law that worked.

Especially on private land with a footpath running through it! ???
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

ggennett

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 11:31:20 pm »
The dog ( fouling of land ) act 1996
Is not the best and why agriculture land is highlighted as not coverd is beyond me.
If livestock and farm animals can catch certain serious bugs from the fouling which seems to be the generally acepted view, then if there was a problem you could approach the council to have your land covered by the act ( in theory ). I have only recentl got a dog and started to take it walks round the local countryside and I have to say I am appaulled at the mess other dog owners leave all over our land.
It's about time the act was changed and assuming it is causing the farming community a health issue I am suprised they have not got the law changed by now.

midtown

• Joined Oct 2013
  • English Lake District
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 07:06:07 pm »
It's about time the act was changed and assuming it is causing the farming community a health issue I am suprised they have not got the law changed by now.
Getting the law changed????? Probably more chance of winning the lottery - twice! :)
Even with a law change, how do you think it would then be policed in order to make the slightest difference?
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.  ~Douglas Adams

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS