Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Domino has Kidded  (Read 2285 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Domino has Kidded
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:49:35 pm »
 5 days early and she decided to take herself off over 3 fields to do it  :o
To get into that field she had to go over 2 stone walls and if that wasn't bad enough It was chucking it down with rain  :-\
We where busy getting everything ready for the Spa arriving so had not noticed her slipping out of the stables
Went out to feed everyone and we where 2 Goats missing. Domino and her Sister who are joined at the Hip
 Finally tracked them down but 2 had become 4, 1  of each sex. finally got them down and bedded into a nice warm bed. Just been out and they are both up and feeding well
Graham

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Domino has Kidded
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »
Excellent news  :excited:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:16:31 pm »
That's good. she obviously knew what she was doing. Unless Auntie acted as midwife.  :roflanim:  Where are the photos?

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 10:38:52 pm »
I will take pics tomorrow.  I was like a drowned rat by the time I got them down. Not easy tying to get 2 goats and 2 new kids home with a herniated disk  ::) (me not the goats)  :-\
Graham

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 01:54:10 am »
Congrats to all,
naughty girls, bet you were in a panic when you found they were missing (well, I would have been)
Mine won't go out or want to come back in when they are nearly due, I wonder why she went so far? any ideas?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 06:02:19 am »
Congratulations Sokel and well done domino  :excited: Glad everything is fine after the shock escaping.

Just awaiting piccies now  :innocent:

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 11:39:47 am »
Smart girl. She probably thought that if she didn't get really far away some "helpful" human would start poking her around sticking a camera up her back side and asking if this is normal on the internet and then before she could breath would start dragging the kid out because she was taking too long getting on with it :D
   Took herself off as she would do in the wild,away from any disturbance and got on with it as they have done for millions of years :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS