Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: compact tractor plough  (Read 3287 times)

paulboyrenishaw

• Joined Aug 2014
compact tractor plough
« on: August 06, 2014, 04:33:16 pm »
Hi everyone

Just joined, have just bought a yanmar 1300 tractor, decent machine:), with a Rotavator attachment (although not on a easy three point linkage), which is a bit of a pain.  Will have to buy the linkage of Ebay and looks a bit of a hassle to remove

Now am looking for a plough, seen a good looking one on ebay but why for the life of me cant I get a second hand one!, am looking for a single furrow one

Any ideas?

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
Re: compact tractor plough
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:56:20 am »
Your local auction mart may have a regular machinery sale or look out for farm roups. 
There are plenty of old single furrow ploughs around but they hold their value much better than other old machinery (as they are still useful unlike some old stuff and collectors like them).  The cheap ones tend to be rusty heaps of junk that won't do a very good job.

I had to spend £300 to get a half decent second hand single furrow plough.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: compact tractor plough
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:37:57 am »
I got my old 2-furrow c/o the local agri engineers, they're always going to auctions and know where the old stuff is lying about. Same goes for the local 'del-boy style' scrap merchant I met in the pub - always knows where to source stuff.

It's worth discovering the pub where all these guys go and pop down once a week to keep in touch.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS