Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: motorised trolley / barrow  (Read 1955 times)

waddy

• Joined May 2012
motorised trolley / barrow
« on: May 26, 2014, 06:41:09 pm »
Hi good peeps!

The back is getting increasingly dodgy and carrying heavy stuff isn't helping. Has anyone used a motorised trolley or barrow? Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thank you

Helen

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
Re: motorised trolley / barrow
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »
I have used my neighbours which is a Muck-Truck with a 5.5 hp Honda engine and can take up to 1/4 of a ton. Not sure i'd bother buying one if it was to save my back as steering still requires a bit of lugging around. had to check all my teeth hadn't been rattled out of my head after an hour or so moving earth around. also not very good at going down slopes forward with a full load- on even a slight slope it can tip forward- nearly took me with it !!!. better to reverse down slope. far too tight to buy one myself.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 12:09:00 am »

We're about to buy one of those lawn tractors to cut the grass and make paths round every paddock,and a small trailer to go with it for bales and veggie stuff, maybe a sick sheep occasionally.  We have bigger equipment but this will fit through the gate into my veg garden and attaching the trailer should be perfectly manageable for me on my own. It's an Atco we're contemplating.  I know that's not much help as we haven't got it yet, but just another but multi-role option.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 08:21:32 am »
As another old f@rt I'd also suggest considering a ride-on mower or even a 2-wheel tractor with tow-seat as your power source..something multipurpose that you can either cut grass or perhaps rotorvate with etc.

My ride-on mower can take a trailer but I either just use the compact tractor/loader or the quad-bike with trailer: depends how much land and how far you need to go.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS