Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sewing tuition free  (Read 2016 times)

JulieWall

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Cornhill, Banff
    • The Roundhouse
Sewing tuition free
« on: April 18, 2014, 09:43:46 am »
Is anyone in or around the Huntly area interested in joining in the craft group downstairs in the Linden centre on Thursday afternoons to learn to sew?
One or two people made enquiries about learning to sew so in an attempt to extend the range of interest the group covers I've been asked to teach a small group the basics to get them started. The lady who is organising this said that once she can get about 6 or so people to form a group we can get more tables supplied at the other end of our room and start. We have a sewing machine at the centre and another promised by one of the craft group ladies, I can possibly source more on freecycle so anyone interested doesn't need to own their own machine to join in.
This is a friendly, informal gathering of ladies - mostly knitters at present - so if you want to learn knit or crochet someone will teach you that, I'm sure.

If you are interested let me know either on here or by message and I'll tell Kirsty.
Permaculture and smallholding, perfect partners
http://theroundhouseforum.co.uk/

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Sewing tuition free
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 04:58:11 pm »
What a brilliant idea. Pity Shropshire is so far away.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:23:22 am »
Not just Shropshire - I'm in the same "shire", but still too far away!

JulieWall

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Cornhill, Banff
    • The Roundhouse
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 10:42:42 am »
It's a big place, eh Ina. I'd love to see you again.

Also, if anyone has a sewing machine they don't want, we're collecting those too. I put a request on Freecycle though so hopefully we'll get a couple.
Permaculture and smallholding, perfect partners
http://theroundhouseforum.co.uk/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS