Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hmmm, in lamb or not in lamb?  (Read 1131 times)

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
Hmmm, in lamb or not in lamb?
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:28:24 pm »
Started my lambing mid Feb, all 10 ewes lambed within 10 days. 18 lambs.  Fabulous. 

Got a barren ewe, hmmm, she ran with the ewes and ram in sept and oct, then spent the winter with the ram and his mate as i didnt want to overfeed her with the in lamb ewes.  She hasnt had any lambs for 3 years even though we have tried.  Was giving her a scratch today, shes a coradale and very wooley so tricky to tell condition so i gave her a good feel all over to check she wasnt getting too fat.  Hmm, quite lean over her back with a very round tummy!  Checked out her udder, hmm, not huge but definitlely semi bagged!  Either i am going bonkers or she is in lamb!!!  And when she is due is anyones guess!!!  ???

Azzdodd

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Hmmm, in lamb or not in lamb?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:57:50 am »
Exactly same happened to me last year 4 year old ran with ram when she was a ewe lamb shearling and 3 year old never a thing.....i was harrowing the field she went into labour and had triplets!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS