Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Movement licence for tame lambs??  (Read 3364 times)

SheepMad95

• Joined Sep 2012
Movement licence for tame lambs??
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:55:18 pm »
Going to get some tame lambs tomorrow, do you need a movement licence? I swear I read some
Where you don't but I could be dreaming!

Thanks in advance :)
3rd generation, blonde scattered brained farmer. 1 jack russel x patterdale, 1 collie, 5 chickens, 6 cats, 63 breeding ewes & 5 cows. hopefully some pigs soon!!  working on fathers beef and arable farm. and relief milker!

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
Re: Movement licence for tame lambs??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:08:09 pm »
99.99% sure you do.  It is only a simple form AML/1 (animal movement licence 1), and as the receiving keeper, you need to send it to your local Animal Health Dept - often Trading Standards at the County Council Office.  But I stand to be corrected :thinking: .

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:17:44 pm »
99.99% sure you do.  It is only a simple form AML/1 (animal movement licence 1), and as the receiving keeper, you need to send it to your local Animal Health Dept - often Trading Standards at the County Council Office.  But I stand to be corrected :thinking: .

The movements are no longer sent to Trading Standards

New form (but you can still use the old for a bit I am told) sent to ARAMS  http://www.arams.co.uk/ 

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 08:34:53 pm »
You Def need to do a movement, I have just collected some of the new forms from the local Mart
Graham

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 09:15:20 pm »
depends where you are which forms you need.
Wales hasn't gone digital yet!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:52:16 am »
A pet lamb is no different to any other lamb in terms of disease control so all the same regulations apply. You need a CPH number, flock number, movement licence, medicine book, flock register.

SheepMad95

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 10:45:22 am »
Thanks all for replying! I have a cph number and all that, I live on a farm! Just haven't bought in tame lambs for years so didn't really know!

Thanks though
3rd generation, blonde scattered brained farmer. 1 jack russel x patterdale, 1 collie, 5 chickens, 6 cats, 63 breeding ewes & 5 cows. hopefully some pigs soon!!  working on fathers beef and arable farm. and relief milker!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 02:29:46 pm »
Have fun with them  ;D I spent ages watching ours today - terrible timewasters - when I should have been doing the VAT returns. ::)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 03:50:03 pm »
Oh Heck, the VAT return, daren't look at my figures, fell and hit my head badly on the freezer about 2 days before sending last one. can't recognise any of the figures I put in  ??? .
sorry - off topic but reminded me I must do something with it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS