Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: insurance for a building and the animals that live in it.  (Read 2844 times)

highhorse

• Joined Feb 2014
insurance for a building and the animals that live in it.
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:53:31 pm »
 :cow:

hi guys

does anyone have any reccommendations for insurance?

also is it possible to get one insurance for the barn and the animals, say calves, or would i need to get seperate insurance.

goes without saying cost is a huge consideration without compromising on quality!

thanks everyon

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: insurance for a building and the animals that live in it.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:23:13 pm »
NFU.  Not always the cheapest but you know where you are with them.  And they understand farming and livestock.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 09:47:31 am »
NFU.  Not always the cheapest but you know where you are with them.  And they understand farming and livestock.
we need a 'LIKE' button!

anyways i agree on this one, being only 15 years of age i haven't had to do anything/much with insurance but roughly understand it and know that my parents use NFU for a lot of their insurance including home insurance i believe

lots of people give the NFU bad press but really they do a decent job :)  :thumbsup:
Cheers Ed

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 09:51:37 am »
We're with the NFU. Never had to claim, fortunately, but I like having a proper person to speak to. And the cover can be tailored, to some extent, to your holding ie they walk round with you.

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 11:37:41 am »
+1 NFU. We're with them and as we have a somewhat unusual set up with the Community Farm they were really helpful in making sure we had cover for the bits we needed and didn't waste money on cover of stuff we would never use.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS