Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 5 week old lamb - might be available!  (Read 1733 times)

ewesaidit

• Joined Aug 2011
5 week old lamb - might be available!
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »
Hi
I have a zwartbles ewe that had triplets so have been topping up the smallest of the three - a ewe lamb.   She rarely gets a shot on the teat so is practically bottle fed but still with mum and siblings.
Saw another post looking for a lamb as a companion for a single orphan lamb but this was too far away for me to consider (I'm in Ayrshire)
So .... I'm not actively looking for a home for her but if someone was stuck and looking for another around that age I would consider letting her go to a good home (she doesn't have a full blaze so will not be getting kept in the flock anyway)
MV accredited, ewe Hep P vaccinated, had colostrum, bright little character
just in case it's of use ....

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: 5 week old lamb - might be available!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:48:15 pm »
I would be interested but you are a bit far away (6 hour round trip). But I'd meet someone coming south.

Anyone coming through Ayrshire and south towards England at the weekend, and could add a lamb to their luggage??

ewesaidit

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 07:03:14 pm »
 :wave: Hi Jaykay
sorry for the delayed reply
that's a pity you're so far away, that would have been ideal         I expect you'll have something sorted out by now anyway  :fc:   

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 10:39:07 pm »
No, he's still friendless, poor little fella.

Folk haven't really started lambing hereabouts. Am asking everyone I can think of.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS