Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stolen sheep :-(  (Read 11489 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Stolen sheep :-(
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 08:33:55 pm »
makes me sick to hear of things like this.

WildWelshShepherdess

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Conwy
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 05:08:37 am »
We've just joined the club too.  On Thursday night someone slaughtered our best GFD ewe in the field and removed her over the fence into a van.  She was pregnant with twins and really friendly so too easy.  The others are all much harder to catch.

This happened to us not so long ago.. In the Carmarthenshire area!! Police were informed but they couldnt really care less.. Not even the fact that someone had the courage to shot and skin her only a field away from the house!!

There's always been a problem with people stealing sheep etc.. But never have i seen such a proffesional job been done of skinning and butchering an animal before.

Lamb is expensive to buy compared to most other meats so i suppose to the "baaaaastards" that steal/butcher them in a field its all worth it!!
Sad that its not being taken seriously by police forces though.
Flocks of Hill Radnors, Black Welsh Mountains, Balwens and North Country Cheviots

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »
Im sure the police  would take it seriously if the perps  were caught doing it and got a good hiding !  :innocent:

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 02:21:10 pm »
Beds & Herts police have been amazing.  They put it out through social media with a press release and it was picked up the BBC local radio and Anglian television.  We're urban fringe so rural crime has become an issue: the crime stats were going the wrong way so it's had a lot of attention.

But of course it's made us utterly paranoid and doubled the workload checking the flock, fixing fences so they can be kept close etc.

Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Moel

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 07:42:58 pm »
Scum, utter scum

Last year found some idiot 'ramblers' trying (and failing) to round up
all of my turkeys in the poultry pen. inside 1 lot of stock fencing with another set of electric fencing inside that. At 2PM on a Sunday, 150 yards from the house.....morons

Some firm belief system realignment followed and the ringleader was very very lucky that it was I who caught them, rather than my neighbour, a charming, successful and wealthy man, but a rough diamond who would have used much more than words to make his point.

Feeling for you and your loss, hope the b@stards get caught.

Moel

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS