Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Calling Darkbrown eggs  (Read 3287 times)

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
Calling Darkbrown eggs
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:17:34 pm »
Hi there
I just wanted you to know that I have been following your adventures and am enjoying your photographs.  I couldn't see anywhere on your blog to let you know.  Also to say a big hug over the death of your lovely cat.  :hug:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Re: Calling Darkbrown eggs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »
me too, i love it!  :excited: :excited:
(there are aurora alerts on facebook, did you find them/know already?)
 :excited: :excited:

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:35 pm »
 :wave:

I'm following you too, and can I just say that my bossy lady is called fanny
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 09:54:27 pm »
hi - Many thanks all

Hi all Just seen the Northern Lights  Hooray  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   Many thanks for the kind thoughts and pleased you are enjoying the journals

I am still on the mainland looking out over Loch Watten, so hopefully as I get further out from house and street lights I may see even better.

Apparently the best time to see them is round the equinox, but of course there is less darkness so less chance, 

I am so pleased.

If its not too windy will take the ferry to South Ronaldsay tomorrow otherwise have a mooch round John o Groats Dunnett Point and Duncansby head.   :)
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:34:10 am »
Dunnet point is gorgeous.  Plenty of room for the bus and laybys on the road up to it to pull in, should you meet any other vehicles.  There is a deserted old walled garden(?) behind the car park, I thought when I saw it, what a lovely growing area, but it unfortunately has gone to rack and ruin last time we visited.  OH & I felt very at peace at Dunnet Head.  We had a clear day, sunny day.  :)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:07:09 am »
I love your blog. Can't wait for the book version  :thumbsup:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 12:08:02 pm »
Just done Dunnets Head  :thumbsup:   and am waiting in the ferry carpark at Gills Bay.  Phoebe has had no breakfast so fingers crossed  :fc:   Mind you I have just eaten a cheese and cucumber sandwich and two cups of tea sitting in the ferry lines.  Its great having a motor home  ;D

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 02:41:00 pm »
Mind you I have just eaten a cheese and cucumber sandwich and two cups of tea sitting in the ferry lines.  Its great having a motor home  ;D

You could maybe do a wee cafe while you're waiting  ;D

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 03:53:05 pm »
Not a bad idea.  I am over in orkney now, sitting on top of a look out point there is a lady in a car on one side and a couple on the other,  I suppose I could open one of the side windows and put a sign out.  Teas and sanwiches to order.  Fabuolous views from up here - Might saty the night.  would high be good for seeing the lights do you think

Camera batteries have bagged out so no photos of the ferry jounrney over.  But they are too wide angle shots to do anything justice.  You really need to be here , but its lovely.  I am up above St Margaret Hope annd I think I can see Hoy and the Old Man of Hoy  Will need to get he maps out.

Sat Nav is useless in Scotland, well it was useless even in the lake district.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 09:20:28 pm »
I remember waiting for a ferry on a cold day and some people pulled up in their camper van and invited us in for a cuppa. Most welcome and I envied them their van.

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 09:56:06 am »
Wow your adventures do sound amazing xx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS