Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Evenings getting lighter  (Read 1382 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Evenings getting lighter
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:23:15 pm »
I was just doing the evening milking when I realised that I could hear birds singing. Maybe spring is coming.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Re: Evenings getting lighter
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:51:22 am »
Not holding my breath just yet , We had Blizzards and the worst snow of the winter last March, Had a week of warm weather just before that   :-\
Graham

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 05:55:24 am »
There has been a definite change for the better this past week , no need for ear muffs :leia:

( or is it headphones Dan? You need to change her name to Daphne, she looks like something out the Broons)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:59:38 am by mojocafa »
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:53:22 pm »
And now I've heard that there is good weather on the way. Just hope it isn't followed by a repeat of last March.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 09:49:13 am »
Really?  Good weather coming?  We just had a week or so of mostly lovely days and I've been waiting for the inevitable blizzards to follow, more good weather would be a bit of a shock but I've a foal due 31 March so it would be great to let the mare foal out without worrying about the weather risk..
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 11:15:49 am »
Yes, fantastic sunrise here Mad, 2 days in a row, sky looked like streaky bacon and a big fried egg on the horizon.

It's dry here, no mud in the driveway, dog is clean and being allowed in the kitchen, today life is good.

Tomorrow?  Well let's not hope for too much.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS