Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Carmarthenshire meet Feb 17th  (Read 9517 times)

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
Re: Carmarthenshire meet Feb 17th
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 06:49:33 pm »
Really sorry I missed meeting up with you all. Had to build a pig ark from scratch because Steve the boar has been on the rampage again. Hope everyone had a good time. Will keep an eye out for future events and hope to meet some of the new faces soon. Wish I'd had such an enthusiastic and helpful network of smallholders when I was starting out.

All the best,
Liz
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

cwmfarm123

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 08:22:14 pm »
Had to make a temporary maternity wing, so lucky i didnt come along. My big girl decided to go into labour during our hurricane. Managed to get her into the warmth of a spare trailer. All happy bunnies there now. A first for our new boar Arthur !

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 10:48:49 pm »
Always handy to have a spare trailer! Had to do the same when a pig that shouldn't have been in pig started nesting furiously in a snow storm. I was so glad I hadn't sold the unroadworthy old Ifor Williams on eBay.
Good luck with the litter.
Liz
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 07:34:35 am »
Sorry you couldn't make it.
Liz ... was going to pick yr pig experience.

My livestock trailer is still a temp poultry house ...see other thread for details... but hopefully today they can be put into a new shed.  Bought elec netting but not as happy they are safe from fox as when they were in  the fab pen Ian had spent weeks building
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS