Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from wet and windy West Devon  (Read 1336 times)

Caroline29

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Spreyton
  • Forester, farmer, gardener and off-grider
Hello from wet and windy West Devon
« on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:56 pm »
Hello, just a quick introduction.  I'm Caroline, I live with my partner in a little hamlet called Itton near Spreyton in West Devon.  We live in a cob wall farmhouse with no electricity or gas, we run a diesel generator, 12V system with a oil-fired Rayburn and woodburner.  I'm a Chartered Forester :tree: former farmer, and keen gardener having just taken on 1/4 acre to turn into an allotment...again, it's my third time turning barren ground into a productive allotment, successfully!  If only it would stop flippin raining :raining: Next on the list some chickens, layers and meat, ducks, a goat and maybe a pig :pig:.  Any advice on off-grid living much appreciated  ;)
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring...

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
Re: Hello from wet and windy West Devon
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:36:29 pm »
 :wave:  From sodden Surrey!

My  :chook: 's think they are  :&> 's! 

Plenty of experience on these boards to pick people's brains.

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »
Hello and welcome  :) :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 08:46:57 pm »
 :wave: and welcome. You'll get lots of advice on here. If you're thinking of getting a goat though, be aware that they are not happy living alone - you really need two or more to keep them happy.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS