Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi - can't wait to get started  (Read 6034 times)

pauline

• Joined Sep 2009
Re: Hi - can't wait to get started
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 07:19:41 pm »
have had chickens before but lost the last ones to a fox a couple of weeks ago :-[won't get more till we move to new place. I did love them them especially Mr. Bob (don't ask the kids named him! sorry her!!!) who was the most wonderfull charachter - tilted her head sideways before she attacked and harrased my old collie but if you had lunch in the garden then she would sit on your knee ???she was bottom of pecking order with the rest of hens but thought she was above the dogs, humans etc.. I do miss having them - we just have cats ( 5 ) and dogs (2) and goldfish (5) soooooooooooooooo can't wait to get more 2 and 4 legged varieties :pig: :chook: :horse: :sheep:

pauline

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 07:22:54 pm »
oh and pigs are a must for us!!!! I do love them on and off the trotter :P

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 09:40:24 pm »
little blue's goats must be escape artists! Ours stay in with only 4ft high standard stock fencing!

With 12 acres you have room for a fair few piggies!

Beth

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 11:10:24 pm »
Hello - and best wishes. Sutherland seems like a great place to meet other folk doing a similar thing. What a beautiful place. We have had our 10 acres in Angus for 3 years and have moved onto the field earlier this year. So I understand your impatience. It is fantastic to wake up here every day now and even several months on I still feel like the luckiest person alive. One day we might even have a house. At the moment it is difficult to prioritise what to do next and what to spend the little money we have on. Should we get the fencing done now or buy rockdust for remineralising the bit that will be the veggie patch. choices choices choices
kirsty

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS