Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: skitty sheep-likely to still be in lamb?  (Read 1727 times)

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
skitty sheep-likely to still be in lamb?
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:19:38 pm »
I have two Shetland crosses which I got last year. I put them to a Balwen ramb. Lambies due end of April. These girls are so flighty and charge around if they see us. I put hay out they come over eat a bit then panic. Are they likely to still be in lamb?
They live with two fat whethers ( not had time to send them off)who are very tame and steady and they tend to follow them but are still skitty.
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: skitty sheep-likely to still be in lamb?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »
Can't see why not - our Badger Face Welsh Mountain have been doing the all four feet off the ground at once jump when they see the sun shining, and they've been scanned in lamb, due mid February.

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
Re: skitty sheep-likely to still be in lamb?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:24:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply its just that I know ewes loose lambs for a pass time. They are more then a bit skitty they are really panicking.

Hopefully will be ok-that's if they took in the first place!
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS