Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Polytunnel framework for sale, no plastic cover  (Read 4937 times)

Fionatia

• Joined Sep 2011
Polytunnel framework for sale, no plastic cover
« on: January 17, 2014, 06:24:04 pm »
Hi all,
I'm selling a very large polytunnel, framework only. It has 36 large curved poles and although I have never seen it up, I'm told it is an industrial sized one. It would be around 8 m wide. I'm looking for £350 for it, buyer to uplift. Auchterarder. Fiona.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Re: Polytunnel framework for sale, no plastic cover
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:28:04 pm »
Hi there
We're looking to get a polytunnel this year, but would need to know how much the plastic would be on top of this frame!
When you say you have 36 curved poles, is that 36 full curved sections, or 36 half sections (floor to middle of roof) and how long are the curved poles (the circumference from floor, over roof to the other side of the floor)?
Also do you have straight poles that fit it all together, and all the bolts etc, so we'd have an idea how long it would end up?
And what sort of condition is it in, has it been sitting for long?
If you had some photos, that may help
Thanks
Suz and Den

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:06:07 pm »
We bought a secondhand poly tunnel last year.  The makers were First Tunnels and they were very helpful with advice and spare parts :thumbsup:

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 04:12:32 pm »
we've just picked up a monster of a tunnel and shall go to first tunnels for everything we need  :thumbsup:

Fionatia

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 04:49:04 pm »
Hi,
There are 36 curved poles, which make up 18 arch pieces. If you look on the previous advert you can see the size of them with the pics I took then.
There are various other straight poles and brackets, but I have not seen it up so don't know what they are all for. I have the ground spikes still in the delivery parcel, unused.
The plastic cover was not that expensive the last time I looked on line, but best to check yourself, sounds like first tunnels are where to go.
This has just been lying around taking up space, it would be good for someone to get good use out of it this year.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 06:48:27 pm »
Hi there
We are really interested, and looking at first polytunnels, the replacement plastic wouldn't be too expensive, although I'm still a little unsure about the final dimensions until it goes up!
How many individual pieces of metal go into each arch, and how many ground spikes do you have? This would help us to try to work out the final dimensions.
Can you also tell us exactly how long the longest poles are when they are dismantled as far as they can go, as we need to work out logistics for transport before agreeing to buy and working out time to come and pick it up.
Thanks
Suz and Den

Dreich Pete

• Joined Jan 2014
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »
I think the hoops are about 2m apart, so 18hoops would be 36m. That's big! I could be wrong. Don't forget you'll also need anchors, doors, spreaders etc.

I'd be interested myself but as it'll be my first poly I'm probably better off starting with something new and complete.

cwmfarm123

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 12:25:08 pm »
Hi we are in south wales, have been looking for a polytunel myself. If anybody knows of a good second hand 1 for sale, or maybe a website to look at.
Please let me know, all information greatfully received

Ruth

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 01:15:58 pm »
we took on 3  2nd hand tunnels to put up and it still costs around £1000 for a 20m tunnel for all new clips timber doors and plastic so its cheaper yes but still not cheap!
Ian

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 01:30:52 pm »
we took on 3  2nd hand tunnels to put up and it still costs around £1000 for a 20m tunnel for all new clips timber doors and plastic so its cheaper yes but still not cheap!

Absolutely right  HM   we've taken a 28 x100 tunnel with majority of clips etc but still plenty to buy   we estimate still in the region of £12-£1500 allowing for fancy bits to be up and running...but it is still a similar saving against new price  :thumbsup:

Fionatia

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 01:15:43 pm »
Hi just to let you know, polytunnel now sold. Thanks everyone for your interest.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS