Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Please  (Read 4525 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Please
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:26:51 pm »
Had a long day.  Its 10.40 our time, just eaten a sandwich (first food all day) and come onto here.  I love this site.  Please dont change. 

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Please
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:08:25 pm »
I dont think it will, all these great people, we are a community of smallholders, but must say some more mad than others!!!! and they know who they are!!!!

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:19:52 pm »
***takes y-fronts off my head,extracts pencils from nostrils,stops saying "wibble".......... Who's mad?!

Just got in myself,was a bit distracted in the workshop making a surprise pressie for when Carly gets here Friday and forgot to eat all day. Did manage to rotovate the second veg bed in preparation for Giant Japanese Knotweed,companion planted with Nettles and Pampas Grass. Also discovered one of my non-laying chickens has blue eyes,so named her Frank.  Plans for tomorrow?? Sounds like ya need a rest!
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:41:38 am »
Smallholder  -   rest ?????  Mutually incompatible.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 02:16:55 pm »
I have given today up as a bad lot....

Was raining all morning,so I only got to plant seeds up and add finishing touches to Carly's pressie in the workshop.

Waited around for the interminable French 2 hour lunchtime,when it was sunny,but I didn't want to get my clean clothes all dirty ripping out fences.

Went shopping and returned in clear skies,changed,grabbed the first bit of fence wire to pull out,and it hailed.Not just any hail,this stuff hurt even with a hat on and it was horizontal!  So,now I've come inside,put the kettle on,lit the fire and am going to have a "me" afternoon!

Strangely,as I am about to hit the "post" button,the sun is out again.
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 06:03:01 pm »
Better luck tomorrow Mr Ree!! Its just as bad here , with high winds  , rain and the bitter cold!! but it has given me the opportunity to put up my new fishing shelter to see how it fairs!!! looks a bit odd in the front garden though - i like to try and supplement the diet with some fresh fish occasionally mmmmm. well , id better go and feed the pigglies and check for eggs before lighting our fire :D
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS