Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cabbage white disaster  (Read 8589 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Cabbage white disaster
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 12:01:03 am »
A maze sounds great - and the grandchildren would love it too.  Their Dad has just been over with all the bits of a playhouse their Mum got on freecycle.  I suppose my problem is I'm not very good at visualising the final look, and also I have a limited budget being a pensioner.  I'd need to pay someone to do the grafting - I'm not fit for it.  I've been told I can get free bark chips from the Council so the chicken run is the first thing to be sorted - QWOLF is helping with ideas for that so I think we have it sussed - ducks are being evicted as bark isn't good for them.  If it's dry tomorrow afternoon I'll be out moving the six galvanised panels I have to the front garden.  I can handle them - not that heavy.  They'll do for the duck run. But that's just up one side so won't affect the rest of the garden.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 06:17:31 pm »
I love freecycle! Our trouble is transport, though some people have been great, dropping stuff in or meeting me somewhere on a bus route.

Print out your garden photos several times, and draw on them or make cutouts of things you might want and place them on as a visual plan. Your grandchildren may enjoy helping! We use this at work, with autistic kids who, like you and me, struggle to visualise,and have poor spacial awareness.
Would anyone in your community/smallholders asc/young farmers etc maybe help?  Sometimes its good to play on one's weaknesses and be honest, there are some helpful folk out there...
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 07:15:37 pm »
Thanks, I'll try that.  Birds all had a good roam around today, it's been dry and sunny although not that warm.  Just two dogs to walk now before dark - a letter to post so that's the incentive.  Off to have kippers and steamed veg for tea first.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 10:21:38 pm »
Sorry Annie had to laugh, just read on another post that your duck shed had sunk then came on here and looked at your picks. That isn't the duck shed in the garden is it? (just the roof showing)  ;D :&> :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 10:55:22 pm »
He he - Everybody asks what that is!  No, under that is my drainage system - a complicated range of pumps and macerators and a sewage storage tank! ;D ;D ;D ;D  A stone slab would be impossible to lift for maintenance - even I can lift the shed roof if I need to.  Not that I'd want to very often mind you  ;)

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 11:02:08 pm »
Thats a great idea, if i did that in my garden the kids would use it as a ramp for their bikes. ::) ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 11:03:44 pm »
It's my 'A frame' for agility - and a climbing ramp for Katie, my 2 year old grand-daughter. ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS