Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rent a plot!  (Read 4526 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Rent a plot!
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:42:46 am »
I was reading the posting by ducky2108 - welcome by the way.

It put me in mind of something I saw on the UK local news last week, I think on the Isle of Wight if memory serves. There is a mamouth shortage of allottments there and a huge waiting list for people wanting plots.  An idea the local community have come up with there is to rent gardens.  They approach older/retired people with large gardens, who enjoy their gardens but are unable to maintain them. Can't remember if it was initially by fliers to get interest or a meeting. Anyway, for an agreed annual fee the householder rents their garden and in return gets to enjoy the garden and also enjoy a few fresh vegetable etc. in return.  Apparently it is working very successfully and it seems that everyone is a winner.

It could be an idea for the likes of ducky and also others is town and villages with older residents living in older style houses with large gardens.

Just a thought anyway.

Kate
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:06:15 pm by pigsatlesrues »
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: Rent a plot!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:18:38 am »
What a marvellous idea.  I bet there are loads of gardens around that are crying out for someone to do something with them, only the owners either don't have time or its become too much for them.    :D
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Rent a plot!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:14:20 pm »
This seems like a brilliant idea - wonder if it would be popular here...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS