Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Preparing lunch  (Read 1976 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Preparing lunch
« on: December 22, 2013, 02:16:50 pm »
Spent the morning preparing Christmas lunch, Step 1, catch the goose, step 2, seek revenge for all the sneaky attacks on me , the postman, the chickens ,the dogs , and the goats. including visitors. step 3, truss the wings and feet so it cant beat you to death.step 4 , sharp hatchet to the neck , this makes it release the grip it had on your other hand.
step 5 , hang it in the cherry tree by the feet while you spend two hours in the pissing rain and force 8 gale taking it's duvet off.
step 6, cut the wings off with the feathers on for gun dog training.
step 7, give the bird to Gabi to gut because by now I'm sick of the sight of it.
Job done.
Last year we paid £50 for a local turkey, and it was nothing special..

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:18:51 pm by tizaala »

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Preparing lunch
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »
Doug, I hope revenge tastes nice  ;D
We are having a local turkey. I am picking up on Tue morning. God knows how much it is going to cost me.
By the way its been a lovely day here, bright and sunny. We went for a nice walk with the dog.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:54:44 pm by Bionic »
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 04:39:03 pm »
i have plucked a bird ouside on a windy day too   :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:  i bet you havent got a bag full to sell  :roflanim: :roflanim:

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 04:59:24 pm »
I used to do 20-50 turkeys by hand with a neighbour - he used a hessian sack with the corner cut off as a killing cone.

You are much better off waiting till its dark and picking the birds one by one. You have your loop of twine in one hand, grab the bird, drop in cone, loop its feet, hang it up (we used to hang a hook from a kids swing) - once its hung it'll lift its head up - kill it with something heavy and blunt, knife in quick to bleed, hang up in shed and pluck into a binbag tied to a plastic dustbin to keep it open.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:21:43 pm »
Job done Tiz…happy eating  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS