Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Car insurance:  (Read 2559 times)

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
Car insurance:
« on: December 17, 2013, 10:06:41 pm »
Just out of curiosity who are you guys with & who do you find the best for when you have an accident & having them sort out things like a courtesy  car ASAP? I'm with Hastings at the moment & found them to be pretty poor x

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Car insurance:
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 06:47:35 am »
I'm with Swinton Shropshirelass and find them very good. Always helps if you get another quote before you renew because they can the 'adjust' the renewal premium. Never a problem with a replacement car unless you mention ICE, then it is a totally different thing. But the fact that you have only got two weeks to buy a replacement car or get yours in for repair is a pain -that is standard across the board. I still take the legal insurance as well as I had an accident which kept me off work for a month and it took 3 years to sort out.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:50:57 am »
I change insurers most years as they always put the price up, usually by using compare the market or go compare.
Anne

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:01:32 am »
I used to be with Tesco who were cheap but when I had an accident in a car park they were so slow to sort out insurance payments to the other party that i was getting court summons to pay the guy! It was so distressing! I changed insurers as soon as I could.

We are with esure at the moment and they seem ok, we havent had to make any claims for over 7 years so i don't know what they are like with claims.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:42:31 am »
I am with Tescos, they always come up cheapest for me and costs me no extra for me to have a named driver.
I am also insured to drive friends cars (with their permission )fully comp on my insurance  :thumbsup:
Graham

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 07:47:57 am »
We're with NFU for the car and Landrover and a broker for the motorbikes. Both policies are multi car and so we can add or remove vehicles easily as they are replaced/die (it's a hard life for vehicles up here!) :-)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 09:58:23 am »
I'm with Sheilas Wheels (part of esure); drove onto a flooded bridge almost three years ago, car written off.  No hassle with assessor - gave me a much better price than expected but no discussion!   Happy enough to stay with them meantime but like Anne I check at renewal for better deals - every insurance company puts their customers premiums up.  You'd think they'd learn that people wouldn't switch if they gave loyalty discounts! ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

moony

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Dent
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 04:33:03 pm »
I use Direct Line and have found them brilliant when we have had a crash. Prices are pretty much the best as well for the level of cover they give.
Although when I was stopped for driving a vehicle home that I had just bought they did tell me for 2 weeks my insurance covered me, which it didn't.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 04:36:35 pm »
I'm with Tescos, with two incidences (one my fault, one someone elses-both minor) they were great.

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 05:41:48 pm »
We've got a Subaru with Liverpool Victoria and a Daihatsu with Saga. Last year it was the other way round but Compare the Market showed better prices by switching. And we got two meerkat toys which we sold on eBay.

We also have a Clio with Direct Line.  The smaller son wrote off the first one two years ago but we had a protected NCD and Direct Line have behaved very well on the two subsequent renewals.   The big son is also with Direct line because they gave him NCD as a named driver under our policy and when he bought his own car offered the best price by several hundred pounds.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 08:49:28 pm »
It is worth checking out details of cover as well as cost. i.e. What is covered in the event of a nasty RTA. legal costs, loss of earnings, cost of being in hospital and long term disability. 
Here in France it is a little different to the UK in that we buy health insurance to complement the state health care system and essentially pay for 30% of the bill.
This kicks in automatically as our "NHS" card carries details of the insurance company. The only bill we have seen was that for an hellicopter ambulance -
The car insurance policy seems to be paying for all other costs consequent to an accident. This includes; building/pluming work on the house to adapt for disability, new clothes suitable for a disabled person, all mechanical aids in the house, a daily visitors rate and private medical costs that will determine initial and long term physical disability, psychiatric and psychological impact of the accident.
Our insurers visited us in hospital and wrote out a cheque in respect of their interim payment. This quick cash advance was a god send as it paid for all those hidden expenses associated with a long hospital stay.
I know it is a drag but it is really worth checking and comparing the details of your policies.     
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 09:28:57 pm »
iv never had a crash (touch wood) but I don't recommend 1st central - purely as after choosing not to renew our insurance with them , I was receiving loads of threats of court action etc for not paying the premiums of the policy I didn't hold. no need for such aggressive marketing at all. it took 5 emails and about 10 phone calls before they stopped. if I was a vulnerable person it would have been really upset.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS