Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today has mainly been a?  (Read 2259 times)

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
Today has mainly been a?
« on: December 14, 2013, 08:27:51 pm »
For most of the day we've been sheltering from the torrential rain and really strong winds that arrived at around noon time. Earlier in the morning we managed to start carting cut logs to a log store. How about you? What have you been to be up to today? ???

I didn't get them all cut of course, but I've to got get these cut.

These stacked.

Bit by bit I'm wheelbarrowing them here.

I might very well be getting a little more timber sometime soon. :shock:  Its blowing a real hooley here right now and these conifers are looking rather fragile.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Re: Today has mainly been a?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 10:23:27 pm »
Wow, well done with all that wood.  I have had a really miserable day today - my sons (3 and 1) are just getting over a tummy bug, and are in REALLY bad moods, snapping at each other all day, wanting the same toy all the time etc. etc., and I developed the tummy bug, so it was all a bit tricky, whilst listening to the storm and worrying about what was happening outdoors.  Today seems to have gone on for about 100 hours, I have never been so pleased to get to 6.30 ever!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:27:28 pm »
we have a very excited household, kids have been xmas shopping and wrapping up the present they have bought. the xmas hysteria is building. the kitten has found his present already and has chewed it in half. hes been ripping bags open with his teeth to find the catnip toys etc. he was just as bad with his advent calendar but as its his first xmas - hes doesn't know all the rules yet ...lol    :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 10:36:35 pm »
We left the house too late for a dog walk and ended  up in heavy rain and then spent ages in the forest being very wet, the dogs loved it but I was glad to get warm and dry. We too have been log chopping but no photos, I think my husband will have log envy. We have a mega exciting life, its dogs, eat, logs, eat, TV and fire bit of shopping and bed repeat!!  and during the week add work!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 10:55:25 pm »
I did all my Christmas shopping, it took 45 minutes!!!

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 07:26:32 am »
Out for a run early before the weather really got started and then did a bit of Christmas shopping. Bought myself a few presents  ;)

Then got stuck into gutting and jointing the chickens from Friday and did the ironing whilst the casserole was in the oven. Telly tea then early bed.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 10:12:08 pm »
Today has mostly been a knitting day. My daughter has requested a dress and cardigan for her two year old, a hat for the eleven year old and a hat, cowl and glove set for the about-to-be-15 year old. These are for Christmas. Heeeeelp!!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 10:15:28 pm »
Ohhh MGW...you need some super fast knitting......good luck :thumbsup:

today has been wet gain but a lovely family Mel...still stuffed...then a very dark dog walk......at 3.30 it's dark ::)

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 06:56:20 am »
All my plans for a weekend of logging have been scuppered by the lousy weather. No sooner have I been out there for ten or fifteen minutes, than I've had to dive for cover from the rain. I've still got most of it to do.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 09:23:10 am »
I can't get over how long it took bloomer to do the christmas shopping ….45 minutes…did you buy the whole shop  ;D

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 09:37:49 am »
hey i had 2 kids with me, they slowed me down....

i did 2 entire shops in that time...

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 09:45:08 am »
Today I need to submit a project - and then I can slow down for the rest of the year - hooray!

Now I just need to persuade myself to get started on the final polish to my peice of work, otherwise I won't get it submitted after all... ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS