Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wheeled market stall  (Read 4151 times)

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
Wheeled market stall
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:58:46 pm »
We would like a wheeled stall to put out every day with vegetables, eggs on etc which we could wheel back into the barn over night. Does anyone use one? If so, did you make it or buy it from somewhere?
Thanks for any replies

Katie

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: Wheeled market stall
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:36:10 pm »
I am in the process of making this cart which looks quite versatile.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:38:35 pm »
Hi Katie
Sorry I dont have a stall but what sort of size where you thinking? 

In the past, I have thought about this type of thing for our allotment association to put excess produce on. 

My thoughts were around putting a pair of wheels and two handles on one of those picnic table bench sets that you see outside pubs.

That would give you space to put your produce.  It would be easy to put a box around the top and seats if you wanted to stop things rolling off.

If you were wanting to keep things dry and shade them then a fold up canopy could be possible too.

Might be a bit heavy to handle if it was already stocked up.
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 07:28:38 pm »
I had a similar thought because I was offered a very old blue horse drawn trap , in blue. I really like it but the wooden spoked wheels have wood worm and it is another project. .... But the dream, the image, would work well.
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 10:05:21 pm »
I am in the process of making this cart which looks quite versatile.

like the look of that, and I have an old mountain bike sitting around for the wheels. You got any plans for it? I can't see how they attach or make the axle.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 06:44:08 am »
I got the plans off the Whizzbang website here

The book is $14.95 plus a bit more for international postage. I have suggested to the author that he may want to think about setting it up as an e-book but he hasn't got around to it yet.

I am making my prototype cart out of stuff around the place but if it works well I can see the potential for building some wheeled chicken coops using the same design.

At the moment I am just measuring, cutting and marking all the component parts. After that, it should all go together quite painlessly
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:46:13 am by suziequeue »
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 09:10:45 pm »
I like the Whizbang idea too. I was thinking of something maybe a bit higher but that gives me some ideas. It would need to be light enough for me to wheel in the barn at night but heavy enough to stop someone loading it into his white van. I've set my father on the project and we'll have to see whta he comes up with!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 09:37:45 pm »
I like the Whizbang idea too. I was thinking of something maybe a bit higher but that gives me some ideas. It would need to be light enough for me to wheel in the barn at night but heavy enough to stop someone loading it into his white van. I've set my father on the project and we'll have to see whta he comes up with!

I drive a white van (to transport my goats and the odd lamb that doesn't fit into the trailer).... but don't go round stealing other people's carts....

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 10:15:15 pm »
I'm sure you don't - but we have a lot of problems in this area with people driving by and taking anything that isn't nailed down - and a fair proportion drive white vans! :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS