Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help Please: pink eye  (Read 8200 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: Help Please: pink eye
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 01:51:13 pm »
No joy in catching so far either, at least I don't see any more red marks on backsides, so far.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 05:15:27 pm »
Our vet said to give a ml of metacam too (the goat kids weigh around 30kg) as it can be quite painful for the animal - one jab lasts 3 days

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 06:30:33 pm »
If its any consolation our 4 ewes in with borrowed ram have now got pink eye too. :-( vet coming tomorrow. They are weepy eyed and a couple are a little crusty under the eyes.

Thank heavens the other ewes are two fields away.

Pretty sure the ram brought it in from what the owner has (now) told me....which at least means I'm hopeful of there being a chance of containing it. The perils of borrowing a ram. On the other hand I don't have to feed and look after a ram all year, so I'm fairly relaxed about it other than the hassle.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 08:01:12 pm »
Its New Forest eye LnM which is an irritation caused by sticking their heads in the straw bales  ::) .  I still haven't managed to catch the tup due to my bad back thing but I could see today that one of his eyes has cleared up for the most part so great, good luck with yours!
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS