Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: John Lewis Christmas Ad (Telly)  (Read 8621 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Re: John Lewis Christmas Ad (Telly)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »
the best one i ever saw for watership down was at a butchers, you read the book ,you seen the film, now eat the cast  :roflanim: with a load of  :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: hanging up

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 01:16:49 am »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 08:49:14 am »
the best one i ever saw for watership down was at a butchers, you read the book ,you seen the film, now eat the cast  :roflanim: with a load of  :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: hanging up

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: Wonder if they sold any

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 09:37:08 am »
My husband made the point that the bear in the John Lewis ad would probably die due to waking during hibernation. 

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 11:00:00 am »

Absolutely brilliant!  ;D
Mind you, a colleague of mine (long time ago, when I worked in regional development) once complained because a leaflet of a local farmer (organic Aberdeen Angus beef) featured some rather nice calves. According to her, that wasn't the way to go if you wanted to sell beef - nobody would buy it because they wouldn't want to see these sweet little cuddly baby cattle slaughtered... ::)  (Actually, the farm did very well and never had problems selling their products.)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 12:11:18 pm »
Seen it now. The music makes it for me especially as my son and his mates once won a school talent contest playing the Keen track.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 01:06:01 pm »
i'm gonna be a right old grump as its the music that ruins it for me. There seems to be a real craze at the moment for a certain type of female voice that is used in adverts. I think they are different singers but all sound the same and strip all the power, emotion and meaning from some fabulous songs, replacing it with something totally vapid because it sounds pretty. e.g The Power of Love in last years otherwise wonderful John Lewis ad where a snowman treks miles to buy his lady a scarf- not a patch on Frankie Goes To Hollywood's original, The Twining's ad with "Wherever you will go" again not even close to the original by "The Calling and of course this years John Lewis- what was wrong with Keane ??
Worst of all is not an ad but is the Children In Need song for this year "How Long Will I love You" totally murdered by another ethereal, mystic female. The fantastic original by The Waterboys is just about my favourite song of all time- Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !! shouldn't be allowed- sorry x

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 01:41:48 pm »
i'm gonna be a right old grump

I'm definitely one of those. I haven't got a clue what anything in this thread is about.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 03:12:34 pm »

I'm definitely one of those. I haven't got a clue what anything in this thread is about.

You are not the only one!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 03:38:36 pm »

You are not the only one!
Ditto! No TV here....

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 03:55:09 pm »
We have one but rarely watch. It's a big square old thing given to us by a neighbour. The children's friends look at it in disbelief. I tell them it's a valuable antique.  ;D  Children flick through sometimes but even they can't find anything worth watching half the time.

Neighbours and friends just smile sympathetically at me now if the conversation is about TV/celebrities etc. ...... they know I haven't a clue.  ;D

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 04:59:21 pm »
suddenly feeling I watch far too much tv (and listen to too much music) - glad to have freed up the grumps to put in an appearance though. at the end of a hard day I tend to light the fire and just veg out in front of the box. what's the alternative ? - having a conversation with the OH  :idea:- heaven forbid

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 07:59:56 pm »
im a real sook, even the sainsbury one brought a tear.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:54 pm »
and now, !!! the making of the film (Ad)

https://vimeo.com/78254514

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS