Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scots Dumpy bantams  (Read 2824 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Scots Dumpy bantams
« on: August 11, 2013, 08:36:15 pm »
Looking for some some cuckoo Scots Dumpy bantams birds or eggs
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: Scots Dumpy bantams
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:49:18 pm »
Talk about hens teeth must be very very rare,
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:57:18 pm »
have you contacted the breed club? Its a bit late for eggs (or so I was told for Scots Grey bantams by 3 breeders when I tried beginning of July), most of the bantams go broody or off lay because of moulting this time of year.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 05:26:43 pm »
Yes tryed the breed club no much help so far will have to remind them, Yes it will be a bit late for eggs but I am in no hurry next year will do. I have a couple of numbers to phone one a lady who keeps blacks and another from the RBST caledonian support group so not completely stuck yet. That reminds me of a report in a newspaper about a woman who was shot and the bullet was still in her yet, could someone tell me which part of a woman's body is her yet. :innocent:

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 06:55:34 pm »
 :roflanim: All women know where there yets are, have you never had it said to you "noooooooo, not yet"
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 10:56:52 pm »
Still looking for some cuckoo Scots Dumpy bantams anyone know of anyone who keeps them, talk about hens teeth

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 11:16:14 am »
I had the same problem sourcing Scots Grey large fowl, there are probably plenty of them out there but a lot of them are in the hands of the showing fraternity and they are not keen to pass on stock  ::)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 06:53:50 pm »
Yes that's probably correct, they should be promoting the breed and making it more readily available no wonder they are on the endangered list.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS