Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: AML-1 Form  (Read 5152 times)

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
AML-1 Form
« on: November 08, 2013, 10:35:00 pm »
This is going to sound like a ridiculous question  :dunce: but we are borrowing a tup tomorrow for our four girls. I'm assuming that I do need to fill out the AML-1 form? It gets filled out whenever a sheep moves anywhere, even if it's not a permanent move, right?

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
Re: AML-1 Form
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:11:42 pm »
I'd say so, yes; I just received a ram on loan yesterday, and he arrived with an AML - sent off the form today.

jacoblambuk

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 11:14:31 pm »
i believe you don't need to but you do have to enter it in your holders book

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:17:19 am »
I've got one ready and filled in my holding register in readiness. I think it's the keeper that is supposed to fill the form in though, having had a bit of a read, so I'll take ours along but hopefully he will have done his already!

We've been trying to think of a good flock prefix (as these will be our first lambs) and so were looking around at the local plant life for inspiration (as I don't like our area name and we don't have a house name). We'd just decided that Blackthorn would be a great one (as we have lots of blackthorn in our hedging, we love sloe gin  :excited: and Zwartbles sheep are black!), only to discover that it's already been taken  ::) Typical! Back to the drawing board!

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 06:38:31 am »
Why not  "SLOEBERRY" as your prefix ?

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 07:51:11 am »
i believe you don't need to but you do have to enter it in your holders book

You DO definitely have to fill in the movement form and send it off as normal. The only difference from a normal movement is that the movement will not trigger a standstill, but that's a different thing, the authorities still want to know whos moving where and when.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 08:59:34 am »
Yep, when you get the tup, the owners will give you a movement licence, and you will have to either send by post or scan and email it to SAMU (at least that is how it is in Scotland, presumably the English/Welsh equivalent is similar) to notify them of the movement, then when the tup goes home, you will give the owners a movement licence, and they will notify the authorities.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 11:25:51 am »
Every time a sheep moves off your premises you have to fill in an AML1.  We move sheep 100 metres down the lane to graze our neighbour's orchard and every time we take them there or bring them back we have to fill in a form, even though the keeper (me) hasn't changed.  The destination or new keeper sends off the white top copy to their local authority, the pink stays at the destination or with the new keeper, the blue is for the haulier, whether you, the new keeper or a contract haulier, and the yellow copy stays at the departure premises.

The only exceptions are very old grass keep arrangements but no new ones are being made and DEFRA's trying to phase out the existing ones.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 01:52:27 pm »
We have loaned tups and yes, movement form as normal.

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »

I don't think I could use that, for the simple reason that when I glanced at it, I read it as 'SLOBBERY' LOL  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Garmoran

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Lochaber, Highland
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 02:08:34 pm »

I don't think I could use that, for the simple reason that when I glanced at it, I read it as 'SLOBBERY' LOL  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Just to satisfy my curiosity - what is this prefix used for? I'm assuming it's a DEFRA feature that SAMU don't use?

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 03:55:00 pm »
We have a tiny flock of pedigree Zwartbles sheep. We haven't yet registered with the Zwartbles Sheep Association (didn't see the point until we bred our own lambs) but will need to do so before April next year so that we can register our ewes' progeny. In order to register we will need a flock name/prefix.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 08:52:05 am »

Just to satisfy my curiosity - what is this prefix used for? I'm assuming it's a DEFRA feature that SAMU don't use?
[/quote]

If you have a pedigree herd or flock you generally join the breed society and need a name prefix.  Most people choose something like the farm name.  DEFRA is only interested in your flock or herd number (herd number's the same for pigs and cattle). 

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 08:58:40 am »
Not for DEFRA. Probably for breed societies and so on. We have had to come up with one in order to register our lambs with the RBST.

Garmoran

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Lochaber, Highland
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 05:45:24 pm »
We have a tiny flock of pedigree Zwartbles sheep. We haven't yet registered with the Zwartbles Sheep Association (didn't see the point until we bred our own lambs) but will need to do so before April next year so that we can register our ewes' progeny. In order to register we will need a flock name/prefix.

Ah! Thanks! Curiosity now satisfied  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS