Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: lost a dear friend today  (Read 5565 times)

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: lost a dear friend today
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 02:21:52 pm »
I haven't had the best of days, I switched on tas for some light relief, read your post and  :'(

On a positive it was the release I was needing!
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 03:57:26 pm »
I am glad my husband does not often log in on here as I want to euthanize his underpants, they are more holy than the pope...ALL of them :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 11:37:55 pm »
I am glad my husband does not often log in on here as I want to euthanize his underpants, they are more holy than the pope...ALL of them :innocent:

:roflanim: :roflanim:

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 11:02:54 am »
I do hope you'll buy him some new ones first - its getting a bit chilly for going commando  ::) ::)
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 01:03:56 pm »
Oh dear, that happened to me last year.  The new pack leader is now going the same way and we're looking forward to a winter together.  I had an intermediate 'friend' over the spring which helped out by becoming our newborn goat kid's cosy bed for a month, lying on the goat house floor for all to tramble.  It washed nicely and is doing a supporting role these chilly mornings. 

They become like a second skin don't they, I felt terrible when I threw my original one away, I felt 'false' in my new one, it smells nicely of me (et al) now though.  :D   
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 09:11:11 pm »
I could kill you!

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 10:10:40 pm »
I thought it was only old  who kept much loved well worn comfortable rags that smelt like a dead badger washed in sewage .
 My first wife made it her task in life for me to always be like that so no other lady would ever look at me..

Guess what ....  I had a change of clothes down on the allotment , the change of wife came several years later.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 10:16:07 pm »
Well I got a nice coat of Gumtree today, they wanted £50 but took £30 and its just my size and looks brand new....its new price is anything from £130- £170  so I did well...although I still have my Howard parker   (fresh meat)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:19:28 pm by happygolucky »

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »
just got to add, now I have spent my budget so my husband can stay in his holy pants for now  :innocent:

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 10:34:42 pm »
when my next door neighbour left..... I rescued his "old" barbour from his skip (I wish I could say this was all I rescued, but I am an avid skip diver.... ).. his "old" barbour is now my best farm coat......

I am afraid I channel my inner compo a little too much at times  ;)

RIP Aigle...

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »
(I wish I could say this was all I rescued, but I am an avid skip diver.... )..
Me and my husband are so skip divers and free cyclers, its amazing that people throw out just what we need....although I think we can save for more pants :innocent:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 10:48:34 pm »
Well I got a nice coat of Gumtree today, they wanted £50 but took £30 and its just my size and looks brand new....its new price is anything from £130- £170  so I did well...although I still have my Howard parker   (fresh meat)

oh gawd i am so sad..i want a jumper like that  :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2013, 11:10:11 pm »
me tooo :innocent:  in fact I think I shrunk one similar

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS