Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fruit cage ruined!  (Read 1445 times)

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Fruit cage ruined!
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:36:47 am »
As I went to let the hens out this morning, there was a deer in the fruit cage. It panicked, crashed about a bit and brought down one of the posts, which was already loose from snow damage earlier in the year. It them escaped before OH arrived to help me let it out. It seemed unharmed, and has obviously developed a taste for fruit bushes as well as my chard. OH doesn't believe it exists as he has never seen it!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Fruit cage ruined!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:36:00 am »
Its times like that you need a camera handy!!!  We used to get Muntjac deer in our garden but no one ever got a photo as they were too quick. I took a photo of a group of deer a few days ago and you cannot see them on the photo but I could in real life.   I am glad it got out as it could have been nasty!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:03:26 pm »
Never mind the camera, have a gun handy. A freezer full of venison  :yum:

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 12:01:21 am »
Had to smile Louise,
When I clicked on your thread , lo and behold what should display at the bottom of your first post but ... an advert  ......... for fruit cages
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS