Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wondering lambs  (Read 2815 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Wondering lambs
« on: July 31, 2009, 08:51:48 pm »
I had to go to hospital for a check up today so we were away most of the day. Its a round trip of almost 100 miles. All the animals were fed and checked before we left this morning but on getting home just before 5pm this evening it was to find our 4 lambs had decided to go walk about and visit the neighbours. I was not impressed. My OH and I had quite a job to get them back onto our land and to make sure they could not do the same again we moved them to the bottom paddock. You could see them trying to work out how could they escape again. this paddock was fenced for small lambs so they I hope are well and truly fenced in. I found them the other morning in the front of the stable building sleeping with one of the Shetland ponies. They do like there comfort. Who said sheep were boring  ;D :sheep:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Wondering lambs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:53:08 pm »
 ;D From the post title, I thought this was going to be about lambs staring into space and comtemplating the birth of the universe!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:15:20 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

I am just wondering about wandering along the road with Hester.  Wonder if I'll find any wondering lambs?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 02:10:33 pm »
They are not happy lambs at the moment as they cannot get out of their new paddock. I found the reason they had been going through the electric fence was it was down in the pig paddock or should I say it was buried in the pig paddock. The girls have had a great time digging and must have had a go at the electric fence when I put it off during a thunderstorm. the lambs had been coming out of their paddock at night and sleeping in the stable building with Pitstop the Shetland pony. he seems to be missing them.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS