Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Millie  (Read 1860 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Millie
« on: August 02, 2009, 12:04:14 pm »
Lastnight when I went to put the ducks to bed I found my Aylesbury Millie lying dead. Millie was the last remaining duck from my original ones but she could only have been 4 or 5 years old, quite young I think? She had shown no signs of illness and had been perfect all day, when I discovered her she was still warm so had only just "gone". She will be missed.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Millie
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 12:59:35 pm »
Sorry to hear that, James, but she wouldn't have suffered if she went that quick. I've had 2 Aylesburys die one of a heart attack and one of a stroke.  Very quick.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 01:27:22 pm »
Thanks Annie, that is the one thing that I appreciate - she wasn't suffering and it was quick. On a different note I let the geese out to have access to the river this morning - or rather the older one took off so I had to let the newer one go and join him. It was great to watch him on the water for the first time and both of them have returned quite the thing.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:14:44 pm »
Are you going to get girlfriends for them?  I believe goose eggs are fantastic! 

By the way, thinking of taking Sarah and the kids up to the Hotel for lunch and to see your animals before they go back to school - any particular day better than any other for three wild kids and a harassed Mum and Granny to see your animals?  (Only joking, they are smart kids but believe me they are well under control.)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 03:35:51 pm »
Annie, any day would do really. I have ordered 2 female Shetland Geese to keep the boys company so looking forward to them arriving.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 05:45:15 pm »
Ok, will check with Sarah and email you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS