Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Potatoe Pie !!  (Read 2737 times)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
Potatoe Pie !!
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:23:23 pm »
My neighbor made me potatoe pie ( pate de pommes de terre) for lunch. She is 84 and proud of the dish local to La Creuse.
She used ready made pastry ( butter in it) and linned a pie dish.
Thinly sliced potatoes and very finely chopped shallots with chopped parsley salt and pepper arranged in the dish. She then mixed hald pouring cream and full fat creme fraiche and added to the pie so that the potatoes cook in the cream. Lid on pie then 185 degrees for 50 mins or until spuds are done.

Worth a try and eat warm or cold with a salad.
Some people put a garlic in the potatoe pie but that "is not authentic Creusoise".
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Potatoe Pie !!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:30:32 pm »
It's lovely to hear your neighbours are looking after you.  What a lovely community  :thumbsup:    The pie sounds tasty  :yum:

How is your wife progressing in her convalescence?  I hope all is going well, or have I missed an update elsewhere?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:51:46 pm »
Chris has good and bad days and is making good progress. The ortho team came yesterday and took the plaster of her arm. They may need to do some more work on her foot ( multiple bad fractures) and they explained that the internal pins in her kneed will remain for the foreseeable. The broken fenmur will keep her on her bottom but she has started physio on the arm and both lower legs. the reckon another 3 months before she is home but we have a Spa/Rehab centre just down the road and will ave her transferred there once the surgeons have given us the green light.
Yep - lots of cake at La Forge but the well meaning gifts of veg and fruit just creates more work. Did I really need 8 kg of black and redcurrents ??? ;D , buckets of summer apples, beetroot etc etc  ( pigs are getting most of it as it has never been in a kitchen  :eyelashes: )

think I will have some potatoe pie and plum pickle now !!
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:40:34 am »
Mmm, the potato pie sounds lovely. A bit like potato dauphinoise but with pastry.
Your neighbours are very well meaning, even if a bit over enthusiastic with the amount of fruit and veg  :)
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:12:09 am »
 :thumbsup:  sounds filling but lovely, I suppose you could add all sorts!! Glad Chris is progressing and your neighbours sound wonderful :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:02:45 pm »

Yep - lots of cake at La Forge but the well meaning gifts of veg and fruit just creates more work. Did I really need 8 kg of black and redcurrents ??? ;D , buckets of summer apples, beetroot etc etc  ( pigs are getting most of it as it has never been in a kitchen  :eyelashes: )

think I will have some potatoe pie and plum pickle now !!

Perhaps it's their way of ensuring that you have no time to get into mischief while Chris is away.  :roflanim:
Glad to hear she is improving and hope it isn't too long before she is moved to be nearer home.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS