Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: starter and solenoid problem  (Read 2305 times)

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
starter and solenoid problem
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:39:49 pm »
hi I have got a john Deere 3130 the problem I have got is on my solenoid is when I connect the battery to the solenoid the starter will start to run although I have got the key in my hand and I have not gone in to the cab to start it I have tried many different solenoid and they all come with the same fault does anyone have any idea what it could be as I need to use my tractor but I cannot because of this anyone with help or suggestions would be appreciated or know of anyone who would well forgot to say that the starter makes the sound when a 12v is added but will not crank the engine over  though as I would not have control over it so the battery's are disconnected until I can find the fault or get someone to look at it
many thanks john
(Cheshire)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 08:53:48 pm by JEP »

jacoblambuk

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: starter and solenoid problem
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:46:07 pm »
hi is it a separate solenoid have you wired it right if it is wired right check your starter switch key it could be stuck and giving live power all the time if so disconnect wires of key switch then put solenoid back on give it a go

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 08:21:44 am »
hi thanks for the reply I have found the problem the arm in the back of the starter I did not put it through the back of the solenoid so that is why it had a permanent supply now I have got it back to normal I can start using it again around the fields thanks for the reply again as it did help
many thanks john

Julestools

• Joined Mar 2013
  • In my shed
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:40:35 pm »
Just seen this thread and I was going to offer to have a look but if you're sorted now..... thats ok.

Jules

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS