Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scythe Workshop - Aberdeenshire  (Read 3033 times)

downthetrack

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Nr Maud, Aberdeenshire
Scythe Workshop - Aberdeenshire
« on: July 24, 2013, 03:06:45 pm »
My husband and I have invited Steve Tomlin to our small-holding to run a two-day workshop on how to use a scythe. It's a hands-on workshop for complete beginners and there are three places left.

We're based 30 miles north of Aberdeen; the workshop is on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th August. It's a not-for-profit venture and we are asking participants to pay £130 to cover the cost of booking Steve and pay for his travel etc.

If you're interested in joining us - or want to know more - feel free to email me direct on: basiamcdougall@yahoo.co.uk.

More details about Steve and his work can be found here: http://scytherspace.wordpress.com

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
Re: Scythe Workshop - Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 03:44:25 pm »
Hope you don't mind but I've posted this on BushcraftUK to see if anyone there would be interested
sussexforestgarden.blogspot.co.uk

downthetrack

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Nr Maud, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 04:01:21 pm »

Hope you don't mind but I've posted this on BushcraftUK to see if anyone there would be interested

No prob - thanks! ;D

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 09:50:29 pm »
I was interested indeed as my next tool purchase will be an Austrian scythe Downthetrack and I know that the cost of damage is far more than the cost of training. Sadly the travelling is a bit of a problem as I am in South of France, otherwise I'd have booked.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:54:17 pm by chrismahon »

downthetrack

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Nr Maud, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »
Still got couple of places available for the scythe workshop this week-end - 17 -18th Aug.

Email me for more details if you're interested in learning how to cut our own grass for hay or manage some unkempt land: basiamcdougall@yahoo.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS