Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My ancient apple trees  (Read 2536 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
My ancient apple trees
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:05:21 pm »
My grandfather and uncles and aunt lived here before us.  My uncle was a keen gardener, and planted the apple trees in 1960, so they are getting up for 50 years.  Last year we had about three apples in total, but this year, I have never seen as many apples.

It may sound daft, but when we thought we may have to sell the farm, due to us not being able to find such a large amount of money, the trees were one of the things I worried about, as anyone moving in would probably clear the orchard!!  I am still worried now, but will do my best to keep the trees, as we will need to extend out the back, and the trees are pretty close to the house. 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: My ancient apple trees
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:01:54 am »
The trees are persuading you that they want you to stay by giving you a bumper crop.  Now who could refuse such a plea.  ;D  So don't worry.  Everything comes right in the end.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS