Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Putting Quail out  (Read 5406 times)

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Putting Quail out
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »
Nice!  :thumbsup:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 06:34:49 pm »
Nice house Anne, when can I move in  :D

Can't you put them out with a heat lamp - one of those ceramic types that don't light up just heat up?  Or don't you have an old furry hat they could cuddle up to?
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 07:10:41 am »
Daisys mum that quail house is fantastic  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   :love: .
 What size is it? And how many quail do you have? If you don't mind making me even more jealous  ;D
I still really miss my quail. Will get more one day  :fc: I have to, I've still got over 80 egg boxes to use  :-J . That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  :innocent:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 09:19:35 am »
 What size is it? And how many quail do you have? If you don't mind making me even more jealous  ;D
I still really miss my quail. Will get more one day  :fc: I have to, I've still got over 80 egg boxes to use  :-J . That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  :innocent:
I might need some quail egg boxes - seems it's three hens I'm getting - 2 painted Chinese, 1 Yellow Japanese.   :excited:Where would I get them in Central Scotland?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »

The house is 3mtrs long and 1mtr deep and it's 2mtrs high with a pull out floor just at the right hight for an old lady like myself.
My son built it and it cost  him £330 to build but I'm worth it  ;D
Anne

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 06:33:39 am »
I might need some quail egg boxes - seems it's three hens I'm getting - 2 painted Chinese, 1 Yellow Japanese.   :excited:Where would I get them in Central Scotland?

I got my quail egg boxes off eBay . You can get anything from 10 to 800 ( I've just done a quick search ). I manged to find someone to deliver to the islands so you should be OK :thumbsup: :fc:

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 06:41:54 am »

The house is 3mtrs long and 1mtr deep and it's 2mtrs high with a pull out floor just at the right hight for an old lady like myself.
My son built it and it cost  him £330 to build but I'm worth it  ;D

Well done son  :thumbsup: :trophy: . Can I borrow him :eyelashes: . The other half dose all my chicken/quail house building and they are very good, but they never end up looking as stunning as yours.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS