Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hope this is okay to post on here  (Read 3138 times)

SheepMad95

• Joined Sep 2012
Hope this is okay to post on here
« on: June 19, 2013, 03:01:57 pm »
Hope you dont mind me posting this on here.

Hello, im 18 years old ( 19 in july) and I am looking for a job, working with sheep as this is what i have the most experience in. however i do live on a farm that farms both beef and sheep.

I have my own flock of about 30 sheep. They dont have much trouble lambing but i do have experience in lambing as we have had about 1000 ewes before we moved more into beef.
I have my own flock of chickens as well, with about a 20 laying hens at this moment in time and i have hatched just over 30 chicks in my incubator this year, so i have a bit of experience with that too.

I work on my family farm and on another farm, working with sheep, beef and horses. I Have been there for a year now and i would like to gain more experience working on different farms and seeing how others farm
I live in North Devon at the moment but am willing to move to where i can find a job. I have a driving licence and my own transport.

Thank you for reading and any jobs you know of would be apprieacted!!

:)
3rd generation, blonde scattered brained farmer. 1 jack russel x patterdale, 1 collie, 5 chickens, 6 cats, 63 breeding ewes & 5 cows. hopefully some pigs soon!!  working on fathers beef and arable farm. and relief milker!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Hope this is okay to post on here
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:18:02 am »
Can;t help with the offer of a job, but just wanted to wish you luck in finding one!!  It sounds like you are already experienced, so am sure something will come along for you.

You have a lot of animals already to look after, don't you!! 

wallyward

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:52:00 pm »
hi

maybe worthwhile posting on the british farming forum or the farming forum

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/forum.php

http://thefarmingforum.co.uk/index.php

regards

Alicenz

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 07:26:10 am »
Good luck! and yes of course its alright to post this here!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 10:32:25 am »
why not go abroad - there are many farming opportunities in nz/australia etc. do it while your young!  :excited:

Ladygrey

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Basingstoke
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 05:16:25 pm »
Hi there  :wave:

I find a really good website for jobs is http://www.4xtrahands.com/

or if you are looking for a job in the dairy industry then lkl has loads of vacancies up all the time.

goodluck :)

SheepMad95

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 06:46:34 pm »
Thank you everyone for the good luck wishes :) havent found anything that is right for me yet. theres is loads of milking jobs about but i cant do that because of excema on my hands which flares up with the solution that is used to wash the teats!

thank you for the websites ill check them out now! :)
3rd generation, blonde scattered brained farmer. 1 jack russel x patterdale, 1 collie, 5 chickens, 6 cats, 63 breeding ewes & 5 cows. hopefully some pigs soon!!  working on fathers beef and arable farm. and relief milker!

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
  • Proud owner of sheep and Llamas!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 07:48:54 pm »
Surely any good dairy would make you wear gloves anyway regardless...?

SheepMad95

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 05:38:37 pm »
yes they do, but my hands sweat to much in gloves because of  ecemza.. im allergic to latex and the non latex gloves etc.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS