Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Evita  (Read 3464 times)

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
Evita
« on: June 15, 2013, 11:07:12 pm »
have we a designated thread for theatre/film/tv etc , sorry if so I couldn't see it.

Eck and I went to the Kings theatre last night to see Evita, although its a show that has been around many years, neither of us had seen it.
The male lead (Che) was taken by Marti Pellow, he of Wet wet wet fame and what a good transformation from lead singer to musical theatre, he has great stage presence and energy, certainly would go to see him in another production. It was an enjoyable evening, the theatre was sold out , not surprisingly as the critics had praised it. Only thing that spoilt the night was getting out of the car park, it took ages as they only had one barrier operating, numpties.

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
Re: Evita
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 12:05:12 am »
seen it over 30 years ago with that  page woman  and david essex... hell of a show  :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:27:45 am »
A friend of a friend of ours in Marti Pellow's understudy - I wish no harm to Marti but it would be great if Stuart got a wee turn  ;D

The friend went to see it yesterday and said it was wonderful and that the female lead was awesome.

We've seen it - different production though (Dan fell asleep). I'd like to see it again. Not a cat's chance in hell of geting Dan back to see it though  ::)

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:37:03 am »
I agree that the understudy should have the chance of performing the role - always think the matinee performance should be tailored to this, slightly cheaper tickets and a golden opportunity for the understudy to be talent spotted for future roles

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 08:14:12 pm »
Sounds  well worth seeing.

Wee Eck

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Lennoxtown Scotland
    • Homes4Hens Glasgow Collection Point
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 09:33:33 pm »
Sounds  well worth seeing.

Hi Sabrina  :wave:

If you get the chance go see it, it was really good.  Annie used 2 boxes of tissues up during the show....No..No... she wasn't crying .....just drooling all the time at Marti Pellow.... :huff:

Eck

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS