Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: new release of caged hens in 3 weeks  (Read 2594 times)

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
new release of caged hens in 3 weeks
« on: July 06, 2013, 10:13:58 pm »
Some may know that I help to rehome the spent hens from the intensive farming factories, its for a rehoming called Homes4Hens and they are based on the Borders.
I have just been told there will be a new collection point for Oban,Tyndrum and Fort William areas , due to have their 1st collection in around 3 weeks time.
If anyone is interested in taking some of these hens the donation asked for is £5 per hen, please contact me in the 1st instance for further details.

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
Re: new release of caged hens in 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 06:56:45 am »
Great that gives me 3 weeks to work on the other half  :excited: :excited: . If it happens I would want to collect from Oban ( this is also very  :excited:  as for the first time EVER there is something available on this forum i really want, that isn't hundreds of miles away ).
 I will PM you in the next few days, if I have any luck with the other half :fc:

:trophy: :thumbsup: :trophy: :thumbsup: :trophy: :thumbsup: :trophy:  For the great job you do finding homes for all the girls  :chook: :chook:

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:08:23 pm »
Hello Bert, hope you have a good line in persuasion, I will keep my :fc: for you. x

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 07:03:46 am »
Fanackapan I have sent you a PM.
 Just hope it worked, I'm not very bright  :innocent:   :dunce: .

MischieMoo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Moray
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 10:14:49 pm »
Hi Fanackapan

Do you know if there are any collection points in the north east?  We are in Moray and are only looking for 3 hens to start with.

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 10:24:46 pm »
I believe there is someone who has registered as a collection point but as yet not operating. I will check with Kathryn what the state of play is and get back to you , probably tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 11:24:06 pm »
Hi Fanackapan

Do you know if there are any collection points in the north east?  We are in Moray and are only looking for 3 hens to start with.

Not good news at the moment I am afraid, the original collection point fell through and so far no other arrangements have been made. However, should this situation change I will post about it on the forum , keep your fingers crossed and your eyes peeled .

MischieMoo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Moray
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:23:40 pm »
Thanks Fanackapan - will keep 'em crossed and peeled!

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
  • www.hawthornsoaysandjacobs.co.uk
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 11:27:21 pm »

The chickens from Homes4Hens are awesome my 4 girls lay nearly every day at the moment i'm averaging 21-24 eggs a week! They are the sweetest hens who chase you everywhere, can't recommend they highly enough they're brilliant. Fingers crosses you get lots of homes for them up there in the North Fanackapan  :thumbsup:

Fanackapan

• Joined Jun 2013
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:11 pm »
Thank you Sheepcrazy , they are lovely hens right enough . The trouble is the transportation cost to the NE is not making it viable. There is someone doing the SW side by collecting the hens from Falkirk (which is the highest point at the moment , even though it is still Central) and then going to 3 drop off/collection points, what is probably needed is someone to do the same for the other side .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS