Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fife Abbatoir Hearing Tuesday 23rd April St. Andrews  (Read 2907 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Fife Abbatoir Hearing Tuesday 23rd April St. Andrews
« on: April 17, 2013, 01:19:02 pm »
Fife Council is holding a Hearing in the Burgh Chambers, St. Andrews Town Hall at 6.30 p.m. , a site visit at 2 p.m. The agenda will be on www.fifedirect.org.uk 3 days before. Phone contact is Beth Flynn 08451 555555 ext 442346, email beth.flynn@fife.gov.uk, you probably have to tell her if you want to address the Committee.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Fife Abbatoir Hearing Tuesday 23rd April St. Andrews
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 04:01:55 pm »
I objected so got a letter today. I won't be addressing the Committee but I might go along anyway. It's not so much the closure of the abattoir - I can understand why that's happening given that it's right near the town centre. It's the lack of alternative provision that bothers me.

Obviously, hoteliers and retailers in St Andrews won't be keen on a Premier Inn and an M&S - and I can understand that too.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 11:28:44 pm »
Planning application for hotel and store withdrawn - the letter does not mention the future of the abbatoir but  :relief: :&>

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 07:04:12 am »
According to FB the abattoir is still closing as planned :-((

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 11:26:25 am »
Just spoke to Karen at the abattoir. It closes on 12th July, last kill on the 6th, I think. Kind of scuppers the Fife Diet  >:(

This will leave the way clear for a resubmission of the planning application with the planners more likely to approve PP on a "soon to be derelict" site.

I understand that there are moves to build a new abattoir at Forfar (which would be fab for us, being just 12 miles away) but even if it goes ahead, it's not going to be open for some time.

Another blow for local food and small producers.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 01:17:50 pm »
Just spoke to Karen at the abattoir. It closes on 12th July, last kill on the 6th, I think. Kind of scuppers the Fife Diet  >:(

This will leave the way clear for a resubmission of the planning application with the planners more likely to approve PP on a "soon to be derelict" site.

I understand that there are moves to build a new abattoir at Forfar (which would be fab for us, being just 12 miles away) but even if it goes ahead, it's not going to be open for some time.

Another blow for local food and small producers.

And watch out cos if it's anything like the redevelopment of inveruries abbatoirs , they will stop taking private kills and stop doing pigs full stop :-(((((( leaves us with a choice of one abbatoir miles away :-((

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS