Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheepdog urgently needs new home  (Read 3859 times)

bizzielizzie66

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
Sheepdog urgently needs new home
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:07 pm »

Hi - I've just had the following as part of an email from the Small Shepherd's Club. Perhaps someone can offer him a home?   :fc:

Working sheepdog urgently in need of a good home

Jack is a 5 year old working border collie who we have 1 week to find a good home for. He is a good all rounder who can do everything except drive. He has a good out run and stop command and has never bitten any sheep. He has primarily been used on small flocks of sheep but can also handle larger numbers if necessary. We are very sad to be letting him go but are no longer able to keep him as my husband's new job does not involve livestock management. We found a good home for him on a sheep farm but have been let down at the last minute, and are therefore desperate to re-home him before we move to rented accommodation in Devon next week. We do not want any money for him and my husband would be happy to bring him to anyone interested and show him working before any decisions were made. Please call Katharine Otley on 07919 387 846 if you are interested or have any queries.

Keeper of Ryelands (learner) , Geese, Bantams, Chickens, Ducks , Horses & Cattle.  Animal Feed Merchant by day & BSc Agriculture graduate of yore :)

lou995

• Joined Feb 2013
  • leics
Re: Sheepdog urgently needs new home
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »

Try these, they may have someone who could take him on.
http://protectingprelovedbordercollies.co.uk/

bizzielizzie66

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:54:00 pm »

Thanks - I will pass it on to them.

The membership of the Small Shepherd's Club is based in Surrey, Hants, Sussex & Kent if that helps anyone make up their mind to offer him a working home?
Keeper of Ryelands (learner) , Geese, Bantams, Chickens, Ducks , Horses & Cattle.  Animal Feed Merchant by day & BSc Agriculture graduate of yore :)

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 09:59:17 pm »
i have sent them a message as interested although im in somerset.
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

bizzielizzie66

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 10:06:26 pm »
Oooh - that's good! Fingers crossed for a happy ending for Jack  :)

17AndCounting

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 02:58:40 pm »

Oh we might be interested!

bizzielizzie66

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 08:27:44 pm »
Hi - to anyone who might be interested in Jack please do phone the number in the first post.

He is not my dog, I am just trying to extend the search for a new home for him and am unaware at present whether anyone has already taken him on.

So - do phone the number if you are interested. If he's already gone perhaps you could post it on the forum.

Thanks  :wave:

17AndCounting

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Kent
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 09:07:41 pm »
I had a message from the lady earlier, they were keeping a list of interested people and were going to talk to at least 6 of them tonight.

zarzar

• Joined Jul 2012
  • kent
  • Z.Glenfield :)
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 08:42:52 am »
They called me back  :fc: he coming down in next few days to work our sheep and talk.
1 cat,2 thoroughbred horses,1 dog, handfull of bird various types and hoping to get sheep again

MarvinH

• Joined Oct 2011
  • England
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 10:45:04 am »
Hope all goes well for you.
Sheep

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS