Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Natural wormer  (Read 2440 times)

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
Natural wormer
« on: May 19, 2013, 02:26:45 pm »
Just been scrolling the net as u do and thaught, wild goats won't go to vets to get wormer :roflanim:.. Wander what they do?? Found a lot of info on herbs and spice.. What's your opinion on this subject?

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Natural wormer
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:48:32 pm »
If they have worms (FEC test) - then just use a wormer from the vets. No natural wormer will clear an infestation. If they are clear now and the ground was clean when they came on, they shouldn't have any problems in the future, as no worm eggs to pick up in the first place.

Wild goats are not limited to a small area of grassy field, they roam acres and acres... so of course only minimal worm egg pick-up. Wild goats will also preferentially browse branches/bushes etc rather than graze grass.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:00:32 pm »
My vet said there was no need to worm mine as they are yarded, not on pasture. I imagine that would be the same with yours, Carl, but I would ask your vet.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:22:02 pm »
My vet said there was no need to worm mine as they are yarded, not on pasture. I imagine that would be the same with yours, Carl, but I would ask your vet.
Depends if they came with worms or were clear on arrival...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 10:26:03 pm »
That's true. One was born here so she's not a concern. The other was born in a barn and lived in one until I picked her up so I imagine she is safe. I've had her over a year now, so I would have thought I'd have seen symptoms by now although, tbh, I don't know what the symptoms are.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS