Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Landless Keeper and Sheep ear tags SAGA  (Read 3082 times)

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
  • www.hawthornsoaysandjacobs.co.uk
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
Landless Keeper and Sheep ear tags SAGA
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:02:28 am »

Well folks it's the same as last year here, I order my tags they send them to the wrong address under the wrong name and with the wrong numbers!

Being as landless keeper as I understand it means you send off the CPH of the animals birth and the flock mark for their birth but the tags must be in your name when ordering tags. This was the result of 11 phone calls one morning to try and get it fixed last year. But It appears not to have worked this time around, and the it's not my department has started again. I'm currently on phone call three waiting for a call for another number to call.   ;D

There seems to be plenty of info and follow the arrow spread sheets for general ear tagging, but I was hoping one of you lovely TAS Members might have come across something specific for a landless keeper,
or are a landless keeper yourself in Scotland!

The only reason they are not on the same holding as last year  is I was lambing my grandmothers Texels due to her ill health, but sadly this has again started off the inevitable wrong tag problem. 

Any advice our links would be great thanks!

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
Re: Landless Keeper and Sheep ear tags SAGA
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 03:14:42 pm »
I am a landless keeper in England. I have one holding which I designate as my main holding - however, I have been allocated my own holding number there, which is linked to my adddress. you can do this in England by ringing the RPA. Whenever I take on a new bit of grazing, I don't use the holding number there (unless it is small), I get one allocated to me - this gives the landowner peace of mind as all problems that could arise are my responasibility and arent going to lead to them being docked any SFP. As long as all your holdings are in the same county, your flock mark remains the same for new births. I have never had problems with having tags delivered under this system.

SheepCrazy!

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Dumfries and Galloway
  • www.hawthornsoaysandjacobs.co.uk
    • hawthornsoaysandjacobs
    • Facebook
Re: Landless Keeper and Sheep ear tags SAGA
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 08:34:36 pm »

Thanks Steve that sounds like a better system than we have up here, hopefully going to get it sorted tomorrow! :fc:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS